Okay, I'm just going to blow off some steam here.
I'm not sure if I embarrassed myself at the grocery store this morning or if other moms are with me on this one. Not sure if the employees were whispering and pointing after my episode in aisle 3 or not, I was afraid to make eye contact with anyone. Okay, so you know I have 2 boys. Love em both, should go without saying but I always feel the need to say that because it's usually just one of them that I complain about. My oldest is about as high maintenance as it gets. He's cute, he's smart, he's athletic and he's been a giant pain in my butt the whole summer. Okay, enough back story. So, at Publix he's jacking around (as usual) I'm talking about getting way ahead of me, NEVER looking where he's going, not paying attention to anything. He seems to be at circus try-outs. I always get the feeling that people are looking at me wondering if this is the very first time I've introduced my children to civilization, that maybe they've been overprotected and in the house until this very moment. Back to this morning. First lecture occurred in aisle one (produce) where they were poking holes in the over ripe peaches while I was looking for the perfect shade of bananas. I forget the second lecture, but recall another dispute. Then, we get to aisle 3 (soda and bread) It's early, so there are a couple of stockers in this row with their pallets on the trolley things. I've got several things to gather in this aisle. The kids are bouncing back and forth like a pinball machine going up and down the aisle. Of course, these giant pallet pushers don't see my kids and they're about to be knocked over when I firmly ask them to move out of the way. Holden grabs the back of Jackson's shirt causing Jackson to lose his balance and go flying into the bottom of a display bumping his head. He starts crying loudly and I don't even move. People, I didn't care. That was the thing. I showed no sympathy whatsoever. I think I shocked the stockers a bit. I hoisted my 6 1/2 year old into the baby seat and told him he was going to sit there for the remainder of the trip. And he did. And, of course, complained about it the entire time. My jaw is tense, my heart rate is up and I could use a cocktail at 8:30am.
School starts in 6 days! Hooray!
Thursday, August 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Jenni, I feel for you... I avoid the stores with the boys as much as I can. Forget about going to a store with Drew- he thinks they should walk freely outside of the cart. And it is, as you described, a freakin circus. I might as well charge people for the show they're getting and make a few bucks off it. When this happens, I just leave Drew with the boys and go to a different section of the store. I know you didn't have this option today, though. When they are with me at a store they are in the cart, no questions asked. I think they will still be at age 10!
I'll have a drink with you, girlfriend. :) Hope the rest of your day has been better.
{hugs}
Kristine :)
Oh, I am just excited to see a post from you! I keep checking to see if you have more of your funny stories or pictures of those cute boys! I can relate on your frustration here lately! I think that everyone is needing a schedule with school coming up!!
CRACKING UP laughing, Circus try-outs, ahhh, that is priceless Jenni story telling there.
LOVE IT.
Post a Comment