My boys have been especially busy at Mimi and Poppy's lake this summer. Every chance they get they are running down the sidewalk with their fishing poles and tackle in tow. Holden is so serious about it that he watches the fishing shows during his tv time and flips through his Poppy's Bassmaster magazine and Bass Pro Shop catalogs constantly. He's learning crazy knowledge about this obscure topic. It's sad when you can't keep up with a 5 year old. He's fallen prey to the commercials too. If he hasn't had much luck in a while he'll say: "Ya know Mama, In order to catch a fish you need the right boat, the right motor, the right rod, the right reel and the right kind of lures." Um, baby, is that what they told you on tv? Because really, if those fish were hungry, you could drop a simple string with a ball of bread on a basic hook and catch yourself a fish. But, what do I know?
Monday, July 2, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I love the picture of Holden holding his fish, SO PROUD. I also love that Jackson is so proud for his brother, with that big, cute smile.
Looks like fun times....only, the water is SO low, maybe Holden is right, a boat might be an avenue to finding nemo!
I love Holden's quote on your blog. I can hear him saying it so clearly. So grown up, so fast!
Watching Holden fish during my visit to Tampa was one of my most memorable times. Holden's personality doesn't strike me for someone who would be real patient, but when that rod is in his hands, the boy has the patience of an old man.
And of course, he has the cutest sidekick in the whole world!
My Jackson would love to fish with your Holden & Jackson. He's crazy about it! Great shots!
Post a Comment