Thursday, August 2, 2007

GOOD MORNING

Okay, here's one of the things that my PRECIOUS children do that drives me nuts!! It used to be commonplace and I was a nut job on a regular basis. I think I drove my point home and it hasn't happened in a long time. Then, this morning goes like this:

Around 4:45 AM Holden walks in my bedroom and tries to get in bed with me (not completely unusual) and I tell him to go get back in his bed, because it is TOO EARLY. He turns around on his heels like a good boy and heads out the door. Okay, great another hour of sleep before my alarm goes off and I "jump in the shower and the blood starts pumpin', out on the street, the traffic starts jumpin' (Dolly Parton anyone??) Well, I don't really have a job working from 9-5 (it's oh so much more than that), but I love to sing that song in the shower early in the morning. About 5 min. later, I hear my youngest wailing from his bedroom. OH, now I'm P#$$$! off! The fuse has been lit. I jump out of bed and catch Holden high tailing it from Jackson's room, across the hall and up the ladder to his top bunk. He's trying to outslick me, like he had NOTHING to do with his brother waking up at this ungodly hour. So, I'm reading Holden his rights and he's crying like a big baby, which continues to wake up his groggy little brother and further iritate me. Now, If I don't walk away at this point, it's touch and go whether child protective services has a right to arrest me. I proceed with my morning as planned, ignoring the fact that my children are awake and ready to be "served". That's right, I took my shower, then poured myself a cup of coffee. And then another cup of coffee. And now, on my coffee buzz and ready to talk about my morning, I've decided to blog it, BECAUSE I can't call any of my friends at this crazy hour!

So, is this the beauty of blogging that I've been waiting to discover? The therapeutic benefits? Whew, it's off my chest. It's time to move on and hug my children and be thankful for this beautiful day.

3 comments:

Jessica said...

Sorry about your early morning!

Pouring multiple cups of coffee & taking care of yourself sounds like a good idea to me. :)

Amy said...

Yes go on and vent girl!! It makes you feel so much better! I love hearing stories like this and knowing that I am not the only one this crap happens too. If it makes you feel any better, Kathryn woke me up at 5:30 with "I hungry Mama, I need pop tart, really really hungry." Yeah and I'm tired, go wake up your dad!!

Sassy said...

Coffee, saves us, but may hurt them....well, in my case, if it is caffeinated.

I can feel your pain girl. Hang in there, school starts in a few weeks.